Philomera Hope Center Foundation Uganda (PHF) is a youth led non-profit organization
focused on youth empowerment programs with an emphasis on Sexual Reproductive Health
and Rights (SRHR), HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention and livelihood support activities. We
also fundamentally focus on changing social norms and values that limit access to SRHR
services and information through designing effective communication strategies and campaigns to create awareness and mitigate sexual health risks among the young people today.
“Nothing for young people without young people”
Our core values include;
- Belief in young people; We recognize that young people’s concerns can only be well addressed by young people and hence our slogan “Nothing for young people without young people”
- Youth driven; We work with young people for young people, and bring in the spirit of volunteerism of young people.
- Transparency and openness; we believe in a culture of honesty and therefore employ an open door policy where all staff and volunteers can freely communicate with each other.
- Appreciation of diversity; we appreciate the difference in the social, cultural and political orientation, of our beneficiaries and endlessly work to promote understanding while recognizing the existent differences in its membership and beneficiaries. PHF recognizes the universal nature and cross-cultural appreciation of human beings and their rights.
- Team work; we believe team effort achieves much more than an individual’s work and therefore promote team work, utilizing each person’s competences to achieve the overall organizational goals and objectives.
Giving to those in need what they could be gaining from their own initiative may well be the kindest way to destroy people.